MITH is a global PRINT + DIGITAL magazine standing for Modest Is The Hottest.
MITH is for the free-spirited, creative, driven individual, and tells inspiring stories of the rising stars in fashion and entertainment. In MITH, you can also find stunning and tasteful fashion editorials, as well as travel, fitness and lifestyle features. From Brooklyn to LA and the world beyond, MITH highlights the young and innovative artists and dreamers.
Our goal is for these stories to add value to your life, inspiring you to jump out of bed every morning with a new spark to chase your dreams and make them all come true.
MITH is known for our high-quality content created by our amazing community. If selected, your work will be featured on mithmagazine.com and the free MITH mobile app. The best content will be featured on our premium PRINT + DIGITAL Magazine. MITH is honored to be accredited press for Paris Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week, and London Fashion week. In addition, MITH is an award-winning film producer at the 2016 La Jolla International Fashion Film Festival and was featured on JUCE TV Network and Good DAY NY with our Editor-in-Chief @hollyglasser.
Your work will also be featured on our social media:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/mithmagazine
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/mithmagazine
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj975zBkbvrRlKd5OlAJM4Q
- Tumblr: http://mithmagazine.tumblr.co
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/mithmagazine
- Gain authority, recognition, and clout.
- Grow your fanbase.
- Pursue your passion: If you have something to share, we give you the platform to share it.
- Work with top brands: Select candidates will be the first to try new products, attend events, travel to hotels, and more, then write about your experiences.
- Get your voice heard: Tap into a huge audience that wants to discover your expertise.
- The most creative contributors will get a chance to be featured in the print issue of MITH, invited as a speaker, and featured on social media.
- Health & Fitness
- Food & Travel
- Home Decor
- Love & Relationships
- Lists. Lists are popular because they are easy to digest with useful info to apply. Example: Top 5 ways to wear crop tops this summer.
- Roundups (aka “Expert recommends…”). Lists that quote experts/influencers.
- Tutorials (aka “How To’s”).
- Guides. Similar to “How To’s” but longer with an article format that connects with the reader on a problem and offers a solution.
- News & Announcements. Short articles on new products, events, etc.
- Reviews of products and services.
- Interviews & Profiles. Introduces our readers to creatives, influencers, and other interesting people.
- Event Coverage.
- Stories. Either 1st person or 3rd person narrative.
- All written text must belong to contributor.
- KEEP IT CREATIVE & CLASSY! No nudity (or suggestive), lingerie, piercings, tattoos, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or trashy themes. No profanity. (Remember, MITH stands for “Modest Is The Hottest.)
- Word count: 150-1500
- Include media: At least 3 horizontal image options for cover photo options when possible, and at least 5 more photos for the story. Media can be embeddable from Instagram, Youtube, Vimeo, etc. Please include as many media items as possible, for options. Video media is is great bonus
- Readability: Keep paragraphs short and use bullet points when appropriate.
- Use section titles.
- Include credits for all media, brands, and people mentioned.
- Running your content through spellcheck is mandatory, as documents with multiple errors will not be approved. Please pay special attention to spelling, punctuation, hyphenated words, and other common grammatical errors.
We accept unpublished editorial submissions for web and Print.
1. All work must belong to you.
2. KEEP IT CREATIVE and CLASSY! No nudity or partial nudity, no braless outfits, (bras must be worn under ALL clothing), (no see-through tops or visible undergarments), no lingerie or intimate apparel worn as outfits, no open leg poses, no fishnet stockings, very minimal mid riff and cleavage visible, no super form-fitting outfits, no skirts or dresses 3 inches above the knee, minimal piercings and tattoos, no smoking or alcohol themes, no intended religious symbolism or paraphernalia (crystals, globes, rosaries, crosses, or occultic hand gestures or symbolism, etc.) Crosses may be used in minimum if they are used in a non-religious way simply for ornamental usage.
Show us your edge and fierceness in others ways. 🙂 If you need ideas, take a look at our dozens of webitorials online.
3. 12 or more Images per editorial that tells a fashion story.
4. Submit low resolution images for evaluation. If accepted, will need high resolution images (8.5″x11″ at 300dpi) in JPG format.
5. Image framing requirements. Print pages have 0.125″ bleed margin at top and bottom of the pages and 0.25″ bleed margin at the outside edge. Frame landscape photos so the subject is at 1/3 or 1/4 of the image, not in the center.
6. Agency models only or models with at least 20k followers on social media.
7. Makeup artist, hair stylist, and wardrobe stylist highly recommended.
8. Wardrobe must include more than 1 designer, brand, or label. For single-designer lookbook editorials, please contact us for partnership opportunities at email@example.com.
9. **SPECIAL** High-quality behind-the-scenes video clips may be posted on our social media. (High quality means non-jittery, watchable video. Can be filmed on iPhones and other mobile devices). Include a dropbox link to the video!
By allowing MITH Magazine to publish your work, you grant us permission to use your work in any of our websites, publications, social media, and any other mediums or formats used in the creation of MITH Magazine content. You grant to MITH Magazine a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any photos and content you submit. We will give our best effort to give full credit and link to your websites and social media whenever possible so that we can all grow together as a team.
*Web Editorials: Submissions always open. No deadlines.
Note: We reserve our print issue for the highest quality fashion editorials we receive through open submissions or ones we have approved through commissioned shoot and mood board beforehand. To setup a shoot or pull looks for your MITH editorial, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If an editorial does not make it to print, but meets our publishing standards, we will publish online at mithmagazine.com as a webitorial.
You will receive high resolution digital tear sheets for all published work.
Our submission themes are: Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring.
Spring/Summer Print Issue
Due: June 1st, 2017
Release Date: June 15th, 2017
Summer/Fall Print Issue
Due: August 1, 2017
Release Date: Sept 15th, 2017
Suggested Brands & Labels to Include, but not mandatory:
DL 1961 Premium Denim
7 For All Mankind
Parker New York
Scotch & Soda