We wanted to welcome Swiss model and designer Stephanie Burkhalter to sunny Souther California, so we thought, why not do an interview to get to know this fashion expert? It seems Stephanie already feels right at home in LA when she unveiled her Burkhalter Urban Runway in Venice last Sunday! Stephanie Burkhalter invented these Urban runways in order to share through her creations the love she feel for California, as one of her main goals is to get a smile on people’s faces!
[section label=”Interview” anchor=”Interview”]
Interview: Stephanie Burkhalter, Designer & Model
1. Why did you decide to stop modeling and go into fashion? Where you a little frightened to leave modeling and become a designer?
I always had a passion for fashion design. While I was modeling I learned about the industry and how to develop my dream. Although I never stopped modeling, I began to focus more on creating my own collection and this is how Burkhalter Couture came to be.
2. What inspired you to leave Europe and open your store in Malibu California?
I left Europe a year ago to pursue my love in California. I met my wife on Instagram, and a few months after I flew to California to meet her. We instantly fell in love with each other and got married. I explored my new home and fell in love with beautiful California too.
3. Where do you go for your inspiration behind each collection?
I get inspired by the landscapes, nature, culture, oceans, flavors, colors, energies and love that are surrounding me.
4. Looking back on your modeling days, how has that shaped or inspired you to become the designer you are today?
I have experienced both worlds and it has helped me tremendously to know what it takes to be a designer.
5.When people wear your designs how do you want them to feel?
I want them to feel the love that I throw into the garment. I want them to feel happy.
6. If you could give advice to a new designer that wants to start their own business, what wisdom and advice would you give them?
It’s a tough business and it takes a lot of perseverance, but if you stick with it you can realize your dream. My story is a dream come true! Yours can be too!
7. What type of woman do you see wearing your clothing and designs ?
A playful, happy and positive woman.
On my way to the top in @burkhaltercouture ! loving LA! Thanks for this amazing shot ph. @justinvonhasselhoff #burkhaltercouture #stephanieburkhalter #justincotterell #griffithobservatory #fashion #losangeles #LA #swissfashiondesigner #fashiondesigner #photoshoot #model #editorial #magazine #dress #flower #bw #loveit #love #hat #cap #shoes
8. We’ve noticed you love bright colors in your deigns, playfulness and hint of fantasy. We also love that about your designs! Does living in California inspires some of that or does it come from somewhere or something else?
Positivity has always been a theme in my journey and California amplified that.
California inspired my latest collection so much that I named it “Californication”. I got inspired by its colorful culture and breathtaking landscapes.
9. How do you stay up to date with fashion?
Staying young, fresh and listening to my own instinct.
10. How would you describe your personal style?
My personal style is upbeat, versatile and unique. Every morning determines what my style will be for the day. I love wearing very unique pieces and setting trends around me as I am an influencer. It can go from a red color lipstick to a pair of oversize basketball shoes, to a cap full of flowers.
Life is amazing! My creations featured in Eye Fashion Magazine! Thank you! Ph. @reinebeau Mua @janemariamakeup model @stephanieburkhalter clothing @burkhaltercouture #stephanieburkhalter #swissfashiondesigner #fashiondesigner #fashion #fashionista #magazine #editorial #supermodel #model #Losangeles #la #malibu #california #calilife #colors #flowers #smile #beach
[section label=”Contact” anchor=”Contact”]
Burkhalter Urban Runway in Venice Boardwalk
Photographer: Loyde Cordero
Make up: Korie Brown
Models: Noelle, Stacy,Tisha, Sheryl, Breanna, Keyara, Stephanie Burkhalter, Tasha, Kaila, Mckenna, Scarlett
Wardrobe: Burkhalter Couture by Stephanie Burkhalter